Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Fantasy Mailbag

Q: Shane Vereen of NE vs Cle or CJ2K or Tenn vs Den?
- Jimmie Martin via Facebook

A: It's close but I prefer Chris Johnson vs Den. This game could, as always, end up in a shootout. that could mean a lot of dump off passes for Johnson. Also, I like Tennessee's chances of keeping Denver honest by running the ball with CJ2K to help keep Manning off the field. Roll with Johnson.

Q: St. Louis or Oakland defense. St. Louis has been the better defense this season, but Oakland plays the Jets...
- Michael Posey via Facebook

A: Yes, the Rams defense has been better this season, but for this week I like Oakland better. Any team that is playing the NY Jets has a great chance of putting up a massive amount of points. Over the past 3 weeks each has scored at least 16 fantasy points against the Jets. Defense are averaging 12 fantasy points a game against NY. That's incredible when you think about it. In most of my leagues I have grabbed Oakland if able to. I'd roll with them this week.

Q: Alex Smith of KC vs Was or Cam Newton of Car vs NO? and a defense that I could pick up off the waiver wire?
- Jimmie Martin via Facebook

A: even though Alex Smith has the easier matchup, Cam Newton is a stud and must be started here. Newton has been on fire lately and could continue that trend this week. As a rull of thumb, you always start your studs in Fantasy football, and Cam Newton is a stud. Start Newton with confidence. Next, the defense that I have been telling everybody to pick up and stream is the Oakland Raiders. As stated above, Oakland plays a terrible NY Jets team that is in disarray. If Geno Smith continues to perform badly will he be benched again? then the Oakland defense will be staring at playing against a backup QB. All defenses love to see that :)

**Please feel free to follow me on Twitter @CTonyRow. Send me your fantasy questions and they might be chosen for the Fantasy Mailbag section.

No comments:

Post a Comment